2016年10月18日 星期二

Assignment #3 ESLPod.Com

I've just listening the ESL Podcast 1165-Eating spicy foods from the website eslpod.com. 

This is the hyperlink of the episode:
 https://www.eslpod.com/website/show_podcast.php?issue_id=17678856#

The words that  I listened from the episode are shown below:

1. eyes watering: fill with tears

2. spicy: refer to foods that hot

3. curry: a dish associate in India that cook in vegetables and                     spicy sauce

4. mild: refer to the spiciness of the foods

5. medium: between the spicy and mild foods, or the foods are                       not so spicy

6. peppers: vegetables can often make foods very spicy

7. hot sauce: liquid that put on foods, made from spicy peppers

8. roof of my mouth: top part of mouth, top above tongue

9. on fire: i) to have a burning feeling because the food was                              spicy
                ii) doing or finished something very well

10. taste buds: points on tongue can sense taste of foods

11. a little kick to it: little bit spicy

12. pungent: having very strong smell or taste

13. zesty: slightly spicy flavour

14. to cool down: to lower the temperature of something

15. heat: cause by very spicy food

16. to fill up on: to eat or drink something so much not hungry                               or thirsty

17. dessert: sweet food served at the end of meal




I think this website is suitable for the English learner. I like the content in this website but the speech is too slow for me. I like this website because I can learn a lot of phrases and vocabulary. Besides that, I can also learn how to explain the vocab with English. I'll try to listen the different topic from the website and also use other website that teacher given. 

1 則留言:

  1. Yes, i myself learn some phrases and vocabulary from this site too. I also quite like the way the host explain the vocabulary in English.

    回覆刪除